Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Edmonds Banana Cake



I must make this cake at least once or twice a week, one for my Family and the other for my Nanny Family. The Edmonds Banana cake recipe is my go to recipe when I have over ripe Bananas lying around, because its so easy and it never fails I don't know why I haven't put it on my blog sooner. I usually double this recipe.


Edmonds Banana Cake.

125g Butter, softened
3/4 c Sugar
2 eggs
2-3 Mashed Banana
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbls Hot milk
2 c Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

Pre-heat oven to 180c and grease your cake tin of choice.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed banana mix well. Dissolve baking soda into hot milk and add to creamed mixture stir well. Sift flour and baking powder. Fold into mixture.
Put mixture into cake tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.

When ready leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. When cool ice with cream cheese icing(my fav) or chocolate icing (the kids fav).

Tip: For a light and fluffy cake don't over mix this cake once you add the dry ingredients otherwise it will come out hard and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...